ALERT This is another TMI post. Not in the catch-you-in-the-feels kind of way. More in the, “I’m talking about lady things and hormones” kind of way.
I don’t need to be another person to tell you how good healthy fats are for you. The rise in avocado toast says it all.
How much fat do I consume? Well… some would argue too much.
- I start my day off with a tablespoon of coconut oil/peanut butter (maybe more if I’m feeling adventurous)
- And if the price is right (a.k.a. $1 avocados), I’m eating about one/day
- Every meal is cooked in either coconut oil, sesame oil or olive oil, and I’m not shy with it
- I put tahini on next to everything: eggs, toast, salads, stir-fry…
- My night-cap is generally a piece of dark chocolate with coconut oil on top, or make my own Reese’s cups with coco powder, melted coconut oil, and almond butter (recipe to come)
This may not be the right approach to unleash my abs of steel, but since I’ve started incorporating more fats into my diet I’ve noticed a BIG change in my everyday life. I’m not someone who is “regular”. I’m not just saying I’m weird mentally, but also some physical irregularities including digestion and hormone health.
I’m not like clockwork, and missing a beat it pretty normal for me (hint: imagine the stress of getting your “monthly” friend, twice a year).
Visit a physician, and it’s likely you’ll here: “here’s a prescription for the pill”
… huh? I didn’t ask for that. I don’t like it, and it kind of does a lot of f*cked up things to your body, the environment and your chances of getting preggo later on (not just on your end, it’s screwing up your SO too).
Not saying this is the cure-all for everyone, but I’ve seen a lot of women start incorporating this way of eating into their lives and see a huge difference.
So give it a try and see if you notice a change!